Pear Chai Almond Cobbler
- 1/2 to 1/3 cup Oregon Chai The Original™ Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 cup Chilled butter
- 1/4 cup Chilled shortening
- Place flour, sugar and salt in food processor, add butter and shortening and pulse until crumbly. With the machine running pour 1/2 cup of the Oregon Chai Original Concentrate through the feed tube and continue processing until the dough begins to come together, adding a bit more Oregon Chai Original Concentrate as needed. Empty the contents of the work bowl onto a sheet of plastic wrap and gently knead until smooth and form into a ball. Wrap and refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- 1 1/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp. Oregon Chai The Original™ Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- 1 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 12 to 14 Large Bosc Pears, cored and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 2 cups Heavy cream
Combine the Oregon Chai Original concentrate, brown sugar and cinnamon in heavy saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Add the pears and continue to cook until barely tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit until cool. Drain off ½ cup of the liquid and blend with the cornstarch, stirring until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture and the almonds to the pear mixture and stir until blended. Spoon the filling into 12 individual cobbler dishes or into one 9x14 glass dish and dot with butter. Roll the dough into 12 small rounds or into one large rectangle large enough to cover surface of cobblers, gently press against rim of dishes. Brush top with Oregon Chai Original concentrate and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake in preheated 350* oven and bake until crusts are golden, 45-50 minutes. Serve hot with ice cream or drizzled with heavy cream blended with Oregon Chai Original concentrate.