Oregon Chai Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Fresh sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Braeburn apple, peeled and chunked
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. Coursly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Oregon Chai The Original™ Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- 1/4 cup White wine (like Riesling)
- 2 slices White bread, processed into soft crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Peel and slice sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch slices. Steam in microwave about 5 minutes. Saute onions in olive oil till soft and tender, add apple chunks and cook a few more minutes.Then add steamed sweet potatoe.
Mix sugar, salt, nutmeg, and pepper, sprinkle over vegetables and apples, toss gently to coat. Spoon mixture into 1 qt casserol. Mix Chai and wine and pour over sweet potatoe mixture. Cover and bake about 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
Meanwhile toss soft breadcrumbs with melted butter. Uncover casserole, sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake uncovered an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown.