- 2 Fresh sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Braeburn apple, peeled and chunked
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. Coursly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Oregon Chai The Original™ Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- 1/4 cup White wine (like Riesling)
- 2 slices White bread, processed into soft crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Peel and slice sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch slices. Steam in microwave about 5 minutes. Saute onions in olive oil till soft and tender, add apple chunks and cook a few more minutes.Then add steamed sweet potatoe.
Mix sugar, salt, nutmeg, and pepper, sprinkle over vegetables and apples, toss gently to coat. Spoon mixture into 1 qt casserol. Mix Chai and wine and pour over sweet potatoe mixture. Cover and bake about 20 minutes or until apples are tender.